The laymen will say “sacrilege”, but those who love to experiment in the kitchen will love it at the first taste! We are talking about the very tasty Orange Carbonara .
To celebrate Carbonara Day, which occurs every 6 April, we have decided to offer you the recipe for this traditional Italian first course revisited with a Mammarancia theme !
Here are the ingredients that you will need to get for the preparation of the dish for 4 people:
- 400g of Spaghetti
- 200g of pig cheek (alternatively bacon)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Valencia Mammarancia Oranges
- pecorino cheese
Warning: Arm yourself with creativity and the desire to cook something good before you get to work!
Follow these steps to prepare Orange Carbonara without difficulty:
- Peel the two Mammarancia Valencia Oranges
- Fill a pot of water, add a spoonful of salt and bring it to boil with the orange peels immersed;
- Squeeze the oranges and put the juice into a non-stick pan
- Put the pig cheek (or bacon) in a pan and cook everything over medium heat for about 5 minutes
- Break two eggs into a bowl and add a pinch of pecorino and pepper, then beat everything until they are well blended.
- Bring the water with the orange peels to boil, add the spaghetti and cook them
- Once cooked, drain and put them in the pan together with the pig cheek and beaten eggs
- Turn on the flame and mix everything until you are satisfied
- Serve and enjoy your Orange Carbonara!