Organic Sulla Honey News
Organic Sulla Honey.
Sulla is a typically Mediterranean herbaceous plant, which is grown as forage or with the aim of enriching the soil with organic substances in wheat fields.
Flowering can last up to 30 days, but the ideal conditions for collecting the nectar last about 10 days, between May and June, in the hills and valleys of central Sicily, from the Madonie to the Belice valleys.
The honeycombs are harvested at almost the end of flowering, the resulting honey is very delicate, very fine and very white once crystallized. The flavor and aroma are equally delicate, characterized by a pleasant vegetal note.
More information on this product
- Nutritious: Sulla honey is very rich in vitamins and nutrients, especially vitamins A, B and C
- Dietary: like other honeys, it has a high sweetening power while containing a low value of simple sugars
- Energizing: the good quantity of mineral salts and trace elements, such as zinc, iron, copper, magnesium and manganese, make it an ideal food for athletes.
- Depurative: its diuretic and laxative properties and detoxifying properties of the liver help purify the body
- Flowering period: June
- Physical state: spontaneous and very fine crystallization
- Color: liquid and colorless to straw yellow, crystallized from white to ivory
- Odor: weak, vegetal and delicate
- Taste: sweet and fine-grained
- Aroma: weak and vegetal